Blooberry Creative’s Environmental Policy
A passion for creativity
A mind for innovation
A heart for the environment
Blooberry Creative believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and encourage our business partners, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Our ambition is to reduce carbon costs by (at least) 50% in the next two years.
Blooberry Creative recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
- energy use
- waste generation
- water use
We will strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible (e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources).
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
We will use electronic means as our first preference for all communication including artwork commissioning and deliveries of proofs and source files.
- We will minimise the use of paper and print double sided where printing is necessary.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible and recycle or reuse any delivered packaging.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse all paper where possible.
- Due to home working we have reduced the amount of paper usage by 70% over the past 14 months.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle as much as possible.
- Due to home working we have reduced the amount of office supplies purchases by 50% over the past 14 months.
energy & water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
maintenance & cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be environmentally friendly.
- Materials used in any refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licenced and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as email or video / phone conferencing.
- Where travel is deemed necessary, we will endeavour to make use of the most environmentally friendly option.
- When it is necessary to travel to meetings, we will endeavour to arrange several meetings over one day to avoid multiple trips.
- As we are mainly home based we have reduced carbon emissions by 70%.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will review this policy at least once per year.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training through their Employee Handbook.
- We will use local suppliers, labour and materials where available to reduce our carbon output and help the community.
health & wellbeing
- One to one meetings to discuss any personal or work issues.
- Have regular time away from our desks.
- Have meetings in the open air to improve thinking, listening and idea generation. It helps to increase our creativity and helps us to tackle problems.
- Walk to improves our health and well-being acting as a natural anti-depressant.
- Walk to improve our posture, as much of our working days are spent sitting at a desk.
The Blooberry Creative environmental policy is reviewed on a regular basis and will provide a framework for assessing and improving all environmental objectives and targets.